BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

May 28, 2009

One of My "Busy" Projects


This is one of the projects that has helped keep me busy through last week.  My ironing board cover screamed "you're wrong" every time I tried to iron on it.  Really, there was no excuse for the shape it was in other than sheer laziness.  I dropped everything to make a new cover, which I'm very happy with.  I used a Kwik Sew pattern for the cover, sleeve roll, and tailor's ham.  The pattern called for the ham and roll to be filled with saw dust.  Not having any of that readily available and having no clue where to get it, I opted for rice.  This seemed a reasonable substitute to me.  Each piece was easy to put together and turned out well.  The board cover pattern was made for a board a bit larger than mine.  I just need to go it and tighten up the elastic to make it fit better (that's where the gathering is coming from).  I am keeping this pattern in my stash as a "go-to" pattern for future purposes.  Another board cover is in order so I can rotate the two out and save some wear and tear on them.

1 comments:

sewducky said...

I got my sawdust at a lumber yard in Dallas. I went to the back, where they cut the wood and asked.

Nice idea on the rice too! Great looking set.